HIPAA Notice of Patient Privacy Practices
- When you receive endodontic care from Madison Endodontic Associates, S.C., we will obtain access to your medical information or “personal health information”. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of your health information and we have implemented numerous procedures to ensure that we do so.
- Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (a Federal law also known as “HIPAA”) our office is required to keep your personal health information confidential and to provide you with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices. This notice describes how our office uses and discloses your personal health information.
Uses and disclosures of your health information for the purpose of providing you with medical care with your signed consent
- This allows us to provide you with treatment, collecting payment, and conducting health operations are necessary activities for delivering health care. State and federal laws permit our office to use and disclose your personal health information for these purposes. All our team members are trained in HIPAA policy rules and sign strict confidentiality contracts with regard to protecting and keeping your personal health information private.
Other uses and disclosures of your information that do not require your consent
In accordance with applicable HIPAA rule, we may use or disclose your health information without your permission, consent or authorization for the following purposes:
- When required under federal, state or local laws
- When necessary for public health reasons
- When necessary in emergencies to prevent serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of other persons
- For federal or state government healthcare oversight activities (i.e.civil rights laws, fraud and abuse investigations, audits, investigations, inspections, government programs, etc)
- For judicial and administrative proceedings and law enforcement purposes
- For Worker’s Compensation purposes
- To family members, friends and others, but only if you are present and verbally give permission
Your rights regarding your protected health information
As a patient of Madison Endodontic Associates. S.C., you have the following rights with regard to your personal health information:
- Right to inspect and copy your medical and billing records
- To request an amendment or correction
- To an accounting of disclosures
- To request restrictions
- To request alternative communications
Contact and Complaint Information
If you would like more information or have a complaint regarding this notice please contact:
Madison Endodontic Associates, S.C.
Attn: Privacy Officer
406 Science Dr, Suite 410
Madison WI 53711Phone Number 608-231-9989